3D Imaging/Cone Beam CT Scan
Veterinary Dental Services is pleased to offer the latest tools and technology for our patients, the latest of which is our cone beam computed tomography (CT) technology. With this imaging technology, an X-ray beam in the shape of a cone is moved around the head in a complete 360-degree rotation to produce multiple high-resolution images/views of the head and mouth. These images are captured from various angles and are reconstructed to produce one 3-dimensional image.
Cone beam CT technology allows us to offer the highest quality imaging in veterinary dentistry. It allows for a precise analysis of tooth orientation, bone structure, and oral and maxillofacial disorders for treatment planning.
Benefits of Cone Beam CT Scan Technology
Our cone beam CT machine provides several benefits, both for our patients and for our dental specialists, including:
- CBCT scanning is accurate, painless, and non-invasive, and the radiation exposure is ten times less than traditional CT technology.
- The concentrated X-ray beam decreases scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of angles and views which can be manipulated to provide a more thorough evaluation, and to eliminate the overlap of structures which occurs in standard radiographs.
- CBCT scans provide more information than traditional dental X-rays, allowing for more accurate treatment planning.
- CBCT scans allow the bone and soft tissue to be viewed at the same time.